The Moniteau County R-1 School District's (California, MO) substitute teacher qualifications include a high school diploma, 36 college credit hours and a Content Substitute certificate from DESE. If you do not have 36 college hours, you may obtain your Content Substitute certificate through Frontline Education after successfully completing a minimum of twenty (20) clock hours of department-approved substitute teacher training. Technical assistance for any issues or questions regarding the online training is provided by Frontline and can be found at the link above.
The California School District pays $95 per day for substituting, and pay can increase to $206.95 per day for long-term placement.
The following needs to be completed before being eligible to substitute:
- Fingerprinting and Background Check
- IF ONLY APPLYING TO SUB AT CALIFORNIA R.1 SCHOOL DISTRICT, FOLLOW THESE STEPS FOR FINGERPRINTING AND BACKGROUND CHECK:
- IF APPLYING TO SUB AT MORE THAN ONE SCHOOL DISTRICT (UP TO 5), FOLLOW THESE STEPS FOR FINGERPRINTING AND BACKGROUND CHECK:
- Contact the School Districts and obtain each district's Originating Agency Identifier (ORI) and OCA (County/District Code).
- Get fingerprinted at a Highway Patrol Headquarters for free (must make appointment) or get fingerprinted at your local law enforcement agency, or IDEMIA/IdentoGO (uenroll.identogo.com/workflows/1111G2) for a fee. (There are limited IDEMIA/IdentoGO locations that provide hard copy fingerprint options)
- Obtain the hard copy of the fingerprint card from the law enforcement agency and complete the card. In "The Reason Fingerprinted" field on the card, write 168.133.
- Complete the Acknowledgement form (can be found in instructions link below).
- Send (1) a $50 check or money order payable to "Criminal Record System Fund" along with (2) Fingerprint card and (3) Acknowledgement form to MSHP, PO Box 9500, Jefferson City, MO 65102-9500.
- FULL INSTRUCTIONS AND FORMS CAN BE FOUND on the DESE Manual Fingerprint Instructions document , fingerprinting and MACHS information webpages and in the
- Watch "Safe School Videos". The link to the videos will be emailed to you at the email address provided in your application.
On your first day subbing for the California School District, please stop by Central office located in the middle school to fill out your payroll paperwork. (W-9, W-4, Direct Deposit)