- Fill out Substitute Teacher Application
- Complete process for background/fingerprinting with MACHS (Click here for more information about the fingerprinting process)
- Apply on DESE for your Substitute Certificate
- For certified substitute teaching, 60+ college credit hours)
- Wait to be approved by the school board
All four will need to be completed before eligible to substitute.
On your first day subbing for the California School District, please stop by Central office located in the middle school to fill out your payroll paperwork.